January 16, 2010

RIP Charlie

I've been crying a river for our little boy Charlie. He sadly died on Saturday 9th January 2010 from injuries sustained after being flung from a tree during a hail storm.
God chose Pierre and I to take care of Charlie when he was found abandoned under a tree at a few days old, still sporting his umbilical cord. How blessed are we to have had this wonderful little creature in our lives. He brought us so much love and joy and our time in Lumwana would not have been the same without him.
We are extremely sad to know that we'll never see him again, that the cuddles are gone forever and that Pierre's hair will have to go without grooming now. But we know that God freed Charlie from this world so that Pierre and I can finally free ourselves from Lumwana.
R.I.P. Charlie. You'll be in our hearts forever.
I feel that this sad event marks a fitting closure to our time in Lumwana and this blog.
God bless to you all and thank you for reading my stories over the past few years.
Elna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ag Elna my hart is so seer vir jou, dis so mooi wat jy geskryf het! Gaan julle vreeslik mis!

Bosvrou said...

Thanks vriendin - wel nou sal Charlie immers nie meer jou goosberries steel nie. xxx