November 14, 2007

In My Garden This Morning

How blessed am I? I took this photo in my garden this morning. I first noticed her a few days ago and then was amazed to see that she’s feeding two babies – the one a little bit older than the other – right here under my nose! Unfortunately I haven’t yet managed to get a photo of them. They are beautiful birds. They sit still for long periods of time (which gives me ample time to watch them) and sometimes I only notice them by accident as you don’t see them come and go. By the way, it is a Grey-headed Kingfisher. We've also noticed the last two evenings that they are active around the garden after dark. We're not sure if that is normal behaviour for them or maybe because we have the lights and they are just attracted to that and all the moths - obviously a clever time to feed as all the other birds are asleep so there's no competition for food.

No comments: