March 21, 2007

Chomp

Chomp is his name. Don't ask me why - it was the first word that came into my head when I decided he has to be named. "He" might actually be a "she" - I don't know much about birds. Chomp is a Black Kite who had a nasty accident this morning. He flew into a moving truck on the mine site and broke his right wing. He is now in my care - so everyone, please pray that Chomp recovers well so he can once again be a happy bird. If any of you have tips on how to care for Chomp, I will greatly appreciate any help I can get. As you can see below, Chomp's presence gave me a good excuse to set up my computer outside on the verandah so I can keep an eye on him while I do emails, etc. At the moment Chomp is sitting inside the box in the background but Pierre will be building him a proper cage tonight so he can spend his recovery days in comfort.

No comments: